About the Chorus
The Chorus consists of 46 professional singers and performs in most of our opera productions as well as concerts. Members of the chorus are regularly used for solo parts and are occasionally given the opportunity to cover lead roles. We consider drama and movement to be important elements of the chorus' work.
About the positions
The Göteborg Opera wish to employ two singers for the tenor section of the chorus. Both positions are permanent contracts and start with a probationary year from 1 July 2022.
Higher education from Music or Opera Academy or equivalent education. Our working languages are Swedish and English. If you have stage experience from musical theatre, it will be considered a merit. Audition in two rounds, by personal invitation, will take place on 13–14 February 2022. During round 1 on 13 February a selection process will be done, and a number of candidates will be invited to take part of round 2 of the audition on 14 February.
For the audition we would like you to prepare:
Round 1 (13 February)
- One aria of your choice, performed from memory.
- One chorus excerpt, performed with piano either from memory or with sheet music (score will be
attached to the personal invitation).
Round 2 (14 February)
- Another aria of your choice, in a different language than Round 1, performed from memory.
- Chorus excerpt /ensemble, to be performed with members of the opera chorus, either from memory or with sheet music (score will be attached to the personal invitation).
- A short sightreading test.
Martin Nagashima Toft
+46 31 10 8082
+46 31 10 8070
Union representative, Symf
+46 31 10 8000 (reception)