Ticket exchange fee
It’s simple and convenient to change your ticket on our website. You can change your ticket to a different date up until 24 hours before the performance.
Price: SEK 30 per ticket
Follow these steps:
- Open the confirmation email containing your tickets sent to you by the Göteborg Opera when you made your purchase.
- Click “View orders” to see your receipt.
- Click the “Change tickets” button and follow the instructions.
General terms and conditions
- You can change your ticket(s) up until 24 hours before the performance.
- You can change your ticket to a different performance of the same production, subject to availability.
- When you change tickets, the Göteborg Opera charges an exchange fee of SEK 30 per ticket. You pay this fee when you change the ticket. (If you change your ticket more than once, it costs SEK 30 per ticket each time.)
- You can change your ticket at opera.se. If necessary, you can also change tickets manually at the Göteborg Opera box office.
- If you exchange your ticket for a more expensive ticket, you must pay the difference when you exchange your ticket. If you exchange your ticket for a cheaper ticket, the difference will not be refunded.
Cancellation of performances by the Göteborg Opera
In the event that a production or event cannot be performed, it will be cancelled. We will then contact you either by email or mobile. You will be given the option of either receiving a refund for the cost of your ticket or exchanging your ticket for another performance date. The repurchase/exchange must be made within 3 weeks from the cancelled performance or event. Administrative fees are non-refundable.
A change of repertoire, location/venue or a partially performed production or event does not constitute a cancelled performance and is usually non-refundable.
If you need to cancel your own tickets
Peace of mind when things don’t turn out as planned.
With the Göteborg Opera’s cancellation protection, you can cancel your ticket up to four weeks prior to the performance date. You can buy cancellation protection along your ticket. The cancellation protection only applies for the performance you purchased it for. The price of the ticket will be refunded.
In the event of illness or criminal damage, you can cancel up until the day before the performance, in which case you’ll receive a gift voucher equivalent to the price of the ticket. Cancellation due to illness or criminal damage must be verified with a medical certificate or a police report.
Price: SEK 30 per ticket
Terms and conditions
- Cancellation protection entitles you to return your ticket up to four weeks before the performance date.
- In the event of illness or criminal damage, you can exchange your ticket for a gift voucher up until the day before the performance date. You will need a medical certificate or police report to verify the exchange. This also applies if you are prevented from attending the performance due to theft, an accident or the death of a relative. In cases where a medical certificate or police report is required, The Göteborg Opera must receive the certification no later than a week after you requested the cancellation.
- Cancellation protection can only be purchased together with a ticket.
- The cancellation protection is only valid once per purchased ticket, and only for a specific performance date.
- The cancellation protection fee and any service charges are non-refundable.
- Cancellation and return of tickets can only be done via The Göteborg Opera on the number +46 31 13 13 00 or by email: email@example.com