Theatre and dance work by Alan Lucien Øyen
”Fragments of memory, woven together with music – so impeccably performed by GöteborgsOperans Danskompani. The result is a dream-like tale about the passing of time which has dissolved into forgetfulness but has left permanent neurotic traces.” (SvD)
Alan Lucien Øyen is an award-winning director, choreographer and playwright who is in high demand. He has his own company, Winter Guests, is resident choreographer at the Norwegian National Opera & Ballet, and creates commissioned works for the likes of the Paris Opera Ballet and the Pina Bausch Tanztheater Wuppertal.
Alan Lucien Øyen has an ability to transport the audience through time and space. In his dreamlike stories, where illusion always prevails over reality, we catch a glimpse, through a child’s eyes, of ourselves and of death’s connectedness with life.
CHOREOGRAPHY, TEXT, DIRECTION Alan Lucien Øyen
SET DESIGN Åsmund Færavaag
COSTUME DESIGN Stine Sjøgren
LIGHTING DESIGN Martin Flack
SOUND DESIGN Mathias Grønsdal
CO-CREATING CHOREOGRAPHER Daniel Proietto
The text and choreography has been created in close collaboration with the dancers.
Running time approx. 60 min
Spoken dialogue in English.
18 March 2022
- Ólafur Arnalds & Royal Liverpool Philarmonic Orchestra ...og lengra
- Nicholas Britell Atmosphere in B Minor
- Danny Bensi & Saunder Jurriaans Clearing the Club, Prioritize, Confession
- Ben Lucas Boyson An infinite day
- Nils Frahm Hammers, Late, Our Own Roof, The Idea Machine
- Henry Jackman Your Fate is Darkly Determined, Another Day, Another Mission, Iraq, The Comedown, Overdose
- Clint Mansell & Kronos Quartet The Beginning of the End, Ghosts of a Future Lost
- Dustin O’Halloran Opus 36
- Fred Rogers It’s the Style to Wear a Smile
In photo: Pascal Marty, Fan Luo, Dan Langeborg|Photographer: Tilo Stengel